New Today: 0
    New Yesterday: 1
    Overall: 579

People Online:
    Visitors: 0
    Members: 0
    Total: 0

sonicbomb.com :: View topic - Science vs Religion: Idea Organisation Chart

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
    View previous topic
    fastfission
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quote

Came across this:

http://www.wellingtongrey.net/miscellanea/archive/2007-01-15%20--%20science%20vs%20faith.html

Should be on compulsory display in all schools! Laughing

FF
    Graviton
    Yankee (13.5 mt)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:14 am Reply with quote

fastfission
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote

And if such a God did exist, is it likely he/she/it would look like an old man in a white robe? Is is it likely he/she/it would even care whether someone believed in their existence or not? And is it likely he/she/it would care about who someone had sex with or not?

The above appear to be the main questions that purveyors of religion seem to be preoccupied with. Because what they are preoccupied with is power and control. There is a difference between spirituality (which is personal) and religion (which is a social construct). The chart in my post is accurate in terms of the thought processes involved in the science vs religion debate. The logical answer to religion to not accept any idea that is founded on the thought process as displayed in the chart.

FF
    Graviton
    Yankee (13.5 mt)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Yet money from government interests funding science is driving politics into science to the point of scandalous fraud. Your chart shows nothing of this reality.

An example beyond the obvious human global warming myth is the idea of finding "water signs" on Mars to get funding from naive politicians, to search for "life" there when multiple Viking probes have found nothing already. This is ludicrous to say there was ever water for any reasonable time when wind can do just the same in an atmosphere about 1% the density of Earth's on average ... despite the widely known fact that dust storms on Mars have a global reach. Just the other day at CNN a so-called expert said that he strongly suspects that we are "not alone," which is complete nonsense from what science has presented so far when removing the politics starting to infest it with manipulative funding. Scientists know that a dead rock won't attract dollars that fund careers, and so there is all the misleading hype to push that.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/space/05/23/mars.lander/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Even technology tries to force believing in the unseen, just like religion.
    fastfission
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Yep, can't argue with any of that. Did you see that quote:

"Well, my gut tells me that life is common in the universe and probably somewhere on Mars, there is organic material and perhaps even living material."

His "gut" tells him? Very scientific. What a gigantic waste of money!

I gave up half way through a science degree (applied biochemistry) partly because it was difficult but partly because I didn't really believe in the world view presented. Swapped to philosophy instead which was much more interesting. Did my thesis on Nietzsche's theory of language. Nietzsche didn't much care for scientists, viewing them as the new Clergy and definitely to be watched for their own vested interests....

A pox on both their houses!

FF
    bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote

Quote:
    An example beyond the obvious human global warming myth

Ain't that obvious to me. If it's a trick, then I'd say someone put an awful lot of time and effort to make it sound credible.

Quote:
    is the idea of finding "water signs" on Mars to get funding from naive politicians, to search for "life" there when multiple Viking probes have found nothing already.

Two. There were two probes... For a whole planet. Guess you heard the tale about the needle and the hay. Wink

View next topic
    View previous topic