This Forum was established September 2002, but has grown dramatically in the past year since the closing of the original Atomic Forum.
The purposes for this Forum are many. Among them are to objectively discuss, learn, and archive information related to nuclear weapons development, past and present. This information is essential in gaining greater knowledge and a better understanding of nuclear weapons and issues that evolve and revolve around them.
An equally important factor is to encourage realistic, moderate, and scholarly considerations of the roles of nuclear weapons in a highly complex, global scale of reasoning. Documented, original sources of information concerning these weapons remain largely secret, though newly declassified data are slowly emerging. As a result, most information about them is scattered around the world outside of the common reaches of many.
A primary motive of the Forum is to bring together international contributors to the archiving of this recently emerging data, earlier locked away for decades under strict, central government control.
- No personal attacks of any kind are tolerated.
- No racism is tolerated
- No swearing
- No dirty comments or jokes
- No Trolling: Trolling is negatively or unconstructively posting statements to disrupt discussion in order to upset or annoy.
- No immature or pornographic posting
- Constructive opinions are always welcome. However, if they cross the line of decency, deletion of the post or a ban will ensue.
- No Spamming
- Treat others with respect and demand the same from others. Abuse or taunting of other member will not be tolerated.
- A sense of humor is welcome, but keep it constructive and not at others expense.
- New members, please take the time to make an introduction post here before engaging in active discussions.
- Please stay on topic: Many discussions break off into tangents. Keep these tangents minimal, otherwise take the discussion to PM or begin a new topic in the appropriate forum.
- Post with a purpose: Donít post for the sake of nothing else better to do.
- Do not use unnecessary formatting: This includes extra large fonts, wild colours or caps.
- Do not double post. If you have missed information in the first post, then edit the first post.
- Do not duplicate topics: Search first to see if a topic already exists.
- Use proper syntax when using BBCode in posts. If in doubt, use the 'preview' button.
- Posting from people just beginning to learn about the subject to those well learned in it is encouraged; However, some information can easily be found on the internet and should be known before engaging in discussions. This helps encourage more in-depth discussion and prevent the same questions/dialogue from re-appearing over and over again.
Good reference websites include:
Nuclear Weapon Archive Wikipedia: Nuclear Weapons Johnstonís Archive
Though bear in mind that inaccuracies have been discovered on all three of these sites.
- When ever posting an image or article, ALWAYS post the source of it.
View next topic View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum