Latest: ray928
    New Today: 0
    New Yesterday: 1
    Overall: 585

People Online:
    Visitors: 0
    Members: 0
    Total: 0

sonicbomb.com :: View topic - Say WHAAAAT???

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
    View previous topic
    Post new topic Reply to topic  sonicbomb.com Forum Index » General discussion
    Graviton
    Yankee (13.5 mt)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quote

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/maybe_we_should_try_coddling[url]

Look at the source. Anyone who knows about moderate yet firm conservative Bill O'Reilly will get a kick out of this.

He seems to be taking lessons from political pillowmates Ken Livingstone and George Galloway. Wink
    fastfission
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly? Moderate?

Shome mishtake shurely? See

http://sweetjesusihatebilloreilly.com/

Sweet Jesus, I hate Bill O'Reilly, International is an organization
    dedicated to the dissemination of information that exposes Bill O'Reilly
    for what he is: an ego-driven, biased individual who spreads fear, hate
    and misunderstanding. While he sees himself as a culture warrior, his
    views are firmly anchored to the political right. He works tirelessly to
    enrage Americans and pit them against anything he considers "liberal"
    or, worse yet, "secular". Mr. O'Reilly uses highly manipulative forms of
    presentation, phrasing and, yes, "spin". Also, he's completely nuts.

There is nothing remotely "moderate" about this Puritan religious fanatic.
    Graviton
    Yankee (13.5 mt)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quote

He certainly is moderate (yet firm), especially when compared to the totally deluded neocons and nutty, militant "Evangelical Christian" Dispensation(al)ists in the South, such as Hagee's sort of people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMRgT5o-Ig

Dispensation(al)ists disturbingly believe they can bring on the second coming of Jesus (and the end of the world) by making war between Israel -- or through American proxy for Israel -- and the rest of the Middle East who oppose Israel. The Armageddon would then be triggered by rebuilding the Jewish temple where the al Aqsa mosque -- the third most prestigious location of Sunni Islam -- stands.

Dispensationists are VERY wealthy as a group, and they send more money to Israeli interests than Western Jewish groups.

Be aware that only a portion of USA Christians are Dispensationists, and strongly concentrated in USA's South.

O'Reilly does regularly attack or criticize far rightists, a fact that far leftist don't want people to know. O'Reilly critics, who much too often don't watch his show, try not to believe this fact as well.
    Blake
    Tewa (5 mt)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote

The only thing Bill is "dispensing" is millions of dollars to hush sexual harrasment claims.
    Graviton
    Yankee (13.5 mt)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote

Blake wrote:
    The only thing Bill is "dispensing" is millions of dollars to hush sexual harrasment claims.

Quote:
    Questions swirled around Mackris's conduct as well, including why she didn't hang up on O'Reilly, why she never complained to Fox authorities and why she returned to work for him earlier this year after spending a few months at CNN. "I was put in a position with a man that, whenever he would call me at work or at home, work-related, he would say jump and I'd say how high and I would jump," Mackris told CNN earlier this month. "I'm not used to saying no to this man on any level. I had said no to him and no to him and no to him and no to him and no to him and no to him about his saucy language. . . . He had threatened that anybody who ever would speak of it would be raked through the mud. . . . I was absolutely threatened." SOURCE

Isn't it interesting that she returned to work for O'Reilly after a few months away at CNN, after these alleged comments happened? Isn't it interesting that they both work for FOX at this time, with no further complaints?

There is also the issue with celebrities of the phenomenon of innuendo that comes with allegations that would be instantly accepted as facts even though the tape was never presented to critics.

I never did support O'Reilly privately, but his show does challenge people and raise deep questions on both politically right and left sides.
    Blake
    Tewa (5 mt)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote

Well, of coarse there is no way to confirm any of the allegations. I'd agree to keep my mouth shut after a hefty check was deposited into my bank account too. "Allegedly". People do rush to factualize rumor, that's true. People can also tell when something is being hushed and swept under the big no spin rug on the floor. And yes, I want to coin the word factualize.
    Graviton
    Yankee (13.5 mt)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote

Blake wrote:
    Well, of coarse there is no way to confirm any of the allegations. I'd agree to keep my mouth shut after a hefty check was deposited into my bank account too. "Allegedly". People do rush to factualize rumor, that's true. People can also tell when something is being hushed and swept under the big no spin rug on the floor. And yes, I want to coin the word factualize.

This doesn't explain why she went back to work for him after so much "harassment." Even though O'Reilly agreed he said things like that, she came back to work for him.

She also never produced a so-called evidence to any party, not even Fox News.

This CNN video shows that not all Evangelicals are the nutty Hagee Dispensation(al)ists:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2007/09/20/dougherty.evangelicals.for.palestine.cnn
    Blake
    Tewa (5 mt)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Graviton wrote:

This doesn't explain why she went back to work for him after so much "harassment." Even though O'Reilly agreed he said things like that, she came back to work for him.

She also never produced a so-called evidence to any party, not even Fox News.

What motivates some people, only they understand. Money can make people do some crazy things. Some people eat poop, or live on a secluded island competing with other people, or any number of other degrading acts. Some people even break the law, or forgive and forget people who do break the law just for a little scratch. Also, just because there is no proof of evidence, that isn't proof there is no evidence. Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Bill. I don't watch his show, but he doesn't evoke any strong feelings in me either way. I don't have tolerance for anyone who claims to be a moral compass (and I'm not claiming Bill has done that, it's just how he seems to me), while living a double life. Much like some of these political figures getting caught with their pants down in the mens room, or stashing 90k in the freezer next to the hungry man meals.
    Graviton
    Yankee (13.5 mt)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Moral Compass Lost In Woods
    Blake
    Tewa (5 mt)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote

Byproduct of moral compass lost in the woods.

View next topic
    View previous topic