Latest: Phallo
    New Today: 0
    New Yesterday: 0
    Overall: 666

People Online:
    Visitors: 0
    Members: 0
    Total: 0

sonicbomb.com :: View topic - Operation "Tulpan", ICBM, (?).09.1962.

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
    View previous topic
    Post new topic Reply to topic  sonicbomb.com Forum Index » Russia's Nuclear Weapons Program
    RusAtom
    Grable (15 kt)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote

File:
    http://letitbit.net/download/25225.21e01f0757582f36bd8e4734ffb6/r14final.avi.html

About: http://sonicbomb.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1591&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
    Baikal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote

Hello. Thanks you very much.
    revolutionman
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Thank you very very much. Where did you find this?
    sonicbomb
    Forum Admin
    Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Thankyou very much for sharing.
    Baikal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:17 am Reply with quote

Hello. I searched in the web, and this is that I found about it (translation was made practically all by an automatic translator):

Quote:
    Strategic Rocket Forces conducted an important exercise "Tyulpan" - firing missiles with nuclear warheads in combat field D-2.
    About this combat work tells her party captain GA Stetsenko:
    „In 1962, I, as a liaison officer, sent a division of missile troops to participate in the teaching of "Tyulpan". Had to start to implement a new ballistic liquid long-range missiles from the area of eastern Siberia in combat field north of the lips Mityushihi. Commission headed by Colonel-General Fedor Petrovich Tonky. It was attended by Lt. Gen. Michael K. Nicholas - Chief Engineer of the 12 th Main Directorate of the Ministry of Defence.
    My place in the missile launch was at the transmitting radio center. And suddenly I was called on the intercom to the commission in the bunker. The President informed me that the relationship with the ground broke off because of strong interference in the atmosphere. What should I do? Drained of fuel, to postpone start-up difficult, dangerous and expensive. And if you start up, when. Commission votes split almost evenly: for start-up and a postponement of the launch. The question to me: what happens at the landfill? And then it worked naval training. For us, the sailors, ionospheric disturbances in the Arctic - has long been common. I was sure that our signalman Makarenko at the earliest opportunity will make contact with the rocketeer. For army officers, it was news that caused the anxiety. I repeatedly had to participate in the operational teams at the landfill. Depending on the complexity of the issue of their session was chaired by Fomin, Rakhmanov, or Tufts. I reported to the Commission that, in my opinion, Admiral Fomin at the site continues to operate under an agreed plan. Knowing his strong character and faith in his wisdom as a leader, said, where are the test groups are and what they do. Recommended to continue to prepare the rocket, to be on standby in touch and start to implement in due time. After that, the general Thin let me go to the transmitting radio center. Connection with the ground was not.
    I was returning to the barracks late in the evening when I caught the general Nicholas, kissed, and led to a meeting of the committee. There I heard the text of the telegram Fomin. He reported that the rocket came to the target at the estimated time and almost certainly hit the "peg" with anything and congratulated the missile.
    Successful completion of shooting for the missile was a great joy. It turned out that my modest report on the commission was to "zolotnichkom" who tipped the scales in favor of the decision to let the rocket“.

http://wsyachina.narod.ru/history/testing_ground_25.html

Quote:
    And in September, "Operation Tyulpan" - starting on New Earth, one or two BRSD P-14 with the actual nuclear charge with the field starting position to the south of Chita [11, с.79-80]. Launches performed Division 1 Priekul'skaya missile regiment Vitebsk missile division. One of the tests allegedly took place on 8 September [12], and the power of the explosion is 1900 kt [1, с.152].

http://www.novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/content/numbers/236/43.shtml

Quote:
    In September 1962, to temporarily prepared starting position in the Achinsk artillery range was successfully launch a strategic medium-range missiles R-14, equipped with a warhead with a thermonuclear charge, by an experienced field of the Northern islands of the archipelago of Novaya Zemlya. Firing range was 3740 km ("Tyulpan" exercise). Environment during the exercise was difficult. Live-fire a new ballistic missile with a thermonuclear charge was carried by thousands of kilometers. Rocketry in those years has been so reliable, it is now. Suffice it to recall an explosion on Oct. 24, 1960 the R-16, which killed testers. But the missile was fitted with inert warhead. The unique exercise "Tyulpan" passed before the Cuban missile crisis - at the beginning of October 1962. The results of the exercise were positive.

http://badnews.org.ru/news/arkhipelag_osobogo_naznachenija/2010-12-08-5259

Quote:
    In December 1962 the first regiments of P-14 started to combat duty in the Ukraine and Latvia. Recalls retired colonel Nikolai Monakhov:
    "In December 1962 I had to participate in the formulation to alert the 1 st Division Priekul'skaya Regiment (Regiment Vitebsk missile division stationed near the Latvian town Priekule - approx. Aut.). Division was armed with a missile launcher first R-14, which could solve strategic problems on the depth of the Western theater, including the naval base SSBN Polaris. With these formidable nuclear weapons the invulnerability have been eliminated". ((Veterans recall missilemen. -TSIPK, 1994. S. 193). In September 1962, with field position, located near the railway station, Yasnaya near Chita on the conditional target for nuclear test site Novaya Zemlya made the first successful launch of a R-14 equipped with thermonuclear warheads.
    Recalled retired Lt. Gen. Gregory Lysak:
    "In the spring of 1962 (preparation for an operation was launched in the spring - approx. Aut.) I was asked to lead work on the deployment of field start and technical positions south of the city of Chita to test missile R-14 with a nuclear warhead. Had to do a small amount of construction work, as well as prepare some airfield garage facilities for testing missiles and warheads. Chairman of the committee on testing has been appointed general F.P. Tonky, I was adopted by his deputy, responsible for the preparation of the full range ... In a very short time we managed to carry out preparatory work, to have arrived from the West Division with the necessary missile technology, and provide them with all necessary ... Launch rockets at the Novaya Zemlya test site has been successful, which proved extremely useful for further practical work forces". (Veterans recall missilemen. - TSIPK, 1994. S. 150).

http://vadimvswar.narod.ru/ALL_OUT/TiVOut9801/RVSNM/RVSNM028.htm

Quote:
    In the period 1961-1963, OKB held a series of works on the improvement of R-12 R-14, R-16, mainly in the direction of improving the characteristics of the combat equipment. For missiles R-16 and R-14 in 1962 were tested for both new unified missile warheads 8F115 ("light" type), and 8F116 ("heavy" type) with a new charge. Somewhat later, a rocket R-12 was tested 8F126 warhead.

In September 1962, as part of Operation "Tyulpan" were carried out two successful launch of R-14, equipped with nuclear warheads, from Achinskogo polygon (near Chita) to Novaya Zemlya. Chairman of the State Commission was Major General F.P. Tonkikh, technical head of the OKB-586 was the leading expert B.I. Gorin.

http://epizodsspace.no-ip.org/bibl/kb-ujn/02-2.html

Quote:
    Under this operation (Tyulpan), which took place in September 1962, were made several starts BRSD R-14, equipped with military nuclear devices. Field starting position was in the area of the railway station, Yasnaya (south of Chita), and to serve as military field at the site of the island of Novaya Zemlya, which was installed the necessary control equipment. Power of one of the explosions was almost two megatons.

http://www.fortifikacija.lt/?p=1015&lang=ru

Warheads of R-14 rockets have yield between 1 to 3 megatons. The only possible tests are:

* N° 164 - 08/09/1962 - 1725 m - 1900
    * N° 167 - 18/09/1962 - 2000 m - 1350
    * N° 169 - 21/09/1962 - 3000 m - 2400

I think that were the two firsts, which, according to Johnston's Archive probably were conducted in Mityushikha bay.
    revolutionman
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote

Excellent information thank you very much!

View next topic
    View previous topic